How Bio-Spear Works
The workings of Bio-Spear are really very simple. Once the application dries after being applied to a substrate millions of nanoscopic carbon spears rise up like a huge wheat field to provide instant protection. At the other end of the molecule is a hydroxysilyl head that forms a very strong covalent bond with the substrate that can last almost indefinitely if untouched.
When microbes land on the protected surface they are drawn onto the carbon spears by cationic attraction and the spears puncture the cell wall and deliver an electrostatic charge which destroys the cell material rendering the microbe inert.
Normal cleaning procedures clean away the residue and as nothing is used up in the killing process Bio-Spear continues working effectively for up to 90 days or more depending on the amount of traffic over the substrate.
- The application forms an almost permanent bond with the surface substrate.
- A 'wheat field' of carbon spears protects the surface from microbes.
- Microbes are drawn to the 'wheat field' of spears by the positively charged nitrogen atom.
- The microbe's cell wall is ruptured by the shafts.
- This process will continue until the Bio-Spear is physically abraded from the surface.
Bio-spear is equally effective on fabrics
The Chemical is equally effective on fabrics and soft furnishing and once applied will last for over 45 washes. The molecule binds extremely effectively to the fibers within the material and provides an extremely protective bio barrier against microbes and kills the odor creating bacteria that produce the odors we all try to eliminate.
It can be applied in a washing machine ( both commercial and domestic) or spray unit or by using a fogger. Or indeed just by using a sink or bucket. It really is that simple to provide a safe, non-harmful, non-toxic, environmentally friendly bio barrier to your fabrics
The active ingredient in Bio-Spear
- The active ingredient in Bio-Spear polymerizes to all surfaces and is both odorless and colorless and will not stain.
- Think of the application as a layer of electrically charged spears. When a microorganism comes in contact with the treated surface, the quaternary amine spear punctures the cell membrane and the remnants are then electrocuted.
- Since nothing is transferred to the now dead cell the spear is now ready for the next cell to contact it. (Note: Normal cleaning of the treated surface is necessary in order to remove the dead material in order for Bio-Spear to continue its effectiveness. Dirt build up, paint, dead microbes etc will cover the treatment prohibiting it from killing microoorganisms).
Groundbreaking patented antimicrobial nanotechnology that works by not migrating or diffusing away from the substrate like nano silver.
- Unique patented bonding technology.
- Long-term residual anti-bacterial protection.
- GREEN - does not leach or deplete like nano silver.
- Efficacy proven through independent testing-invaluable in the fight against infection control.
- SAFE - uses no poison or heavy metals like nano silver – Proven independent toxicology testing.
- Cannot create super bugs.
- Anti – fungal and Anti-mold properties.
- Approved for porous and non-porous surfaces and fabrics.
- Easily added to finish cycle for manufacturers and commercial laundries for anti microbial control.
- Water-based product for safe field applications (hospitals, oil rigs, mass transit, aviation, day care).